Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rove: "I change constitutions. I put churches in schools."

As mentioned Lloyd Grove's column in the Daily News, here are a couple of choice quotes from Rove and Bush on their visit to the Clinton Library (as chronicled in Sydney Blumenthal's new book, How Bush Rules: Chronicles of a Radical Regime.)

Bush: "A submarine could take this place out."

Rove: (on whether he's dangerous) "Yes. I am. I change constitutions. I put churches in schools."

Mickeleh's Take: These are the leaders we have. Are these the leaders we need? Are these the leaders we deserve?

We're in a bubble of books examining the dynamics of the Bush regime. And I'm swamped. I'm still working through Nunberg (thanks, Glenn), Suskind, and Ricks. (And Ricks is thick.) Maybe I'll get to Blumenthal after that.

(tags: , , , , )

No comments: